Australia's Trusted Network of House Sitters & Pet Lovers
Find a house
Find a house sit
Live rent free
1000's of houses Australia wide
Receive real time or daily email alerts
Our house sitting guarantee
Message unlimited home owners
Find a sitter
Find a sitter
Sitters treat your pets like family
Save on pet boarding fees
Choose the most suitable person
Feel safe about your home and pets
Trusted by owners for over 16 years
Australia's trusted network of pet lovers
We have been house sitting through Happy House Sitters for 4 years now and have enjoyed every second of it. We started out in fairly large debt (10k -credit card) and rental issues with one really old car that was constantly breaking down and other residual debt. "We had our ass hanging out of our pants!" for about 1 year after we began sitting, but the improvements were gradual and then we began to start saving only about 2 years ago, so really, the savings can be accomplished in a very short time-frame if you're disciplined and aren't tempted to spend it! We saved one full salary (went straight into an online savings account) and lived off the other.
happy house sitters organisation, thank you for a lovely year of house sitting. my reason for joining was to be able to visit my dear husband who was in a nursing home at forster (he died 20/2/14) and it saved me money for 3 weeks house sitting there (the only one forster in a year to house sit) usually I pay to stay at the nursing home. I also house sat at Newcastle.
Peter & Liz
Home owner, Melbourne
Retired New Zealanders who have arrived over here to enjoy your wonderful beaches and climate.
I was highly recommended your web site by my sister who uses it.
Within two days of putting an advertisement up for a 6 week house sit, to look after our little dog,
we have received a lot of lovely replies and are lucky enough to have found a local ,very experienced
vet nurse through this marvellous website. Highly recommend this site and wish we could have had a
similar website in New Zealand.
Home owner, Perth
Efficient. Effective. Good Communication.
In the media
House sitting guarantee
If after your 12 or 18 month membership you don't find any homes to apply for, we will send you $30.00 cash back!
PLUS we will also give you an extra three months on your membership, absolutely FREE.
Tell a friend
About House Sitting
House sits can be arranged for any duration of time from 2 weeks to 12 months. Above all, our aussie house sitters are trusted house sitters. On top of all the convenience, it gives both the homeowner and the house sitter plenty of opportunities to save money.
House sitters are in great demand in major Australian cities such as Melbourne, Sydney,Brisbane, Adelaide,Hobart, Perth or Canberra. Singles, couples, retirees and people from all walks of life look for sitters throughout the year.
To contact available house-sitting opportunities, you are required pay a small registration fee, but once you've set up your account, you can get in touch with UNLIMITED house owners who have placed ads for home sitters. You'll also have the chance to directly talk to homeowners about their expectations from you as a housesitter, terms, and conditions, before agreeing to look after their pets and properties.
As a homeowner, you'll have the peace of mind knowing that your home and pets are in safe hands when you're away. Whether you're going on vacation, temporarily relocating for a job, or travelling overseas to look after a loved one, you'll know that your property will be well cared for.
As a house minder, you'll receive the opportunity to travel cost effectively, sometimes even for extended periods of time. Depending on the duration of the house-sit, you could even find a job or pursue a course in your new location. You can expect to do all the jobs you would do in your own home, without having to pay high rent or a monthly mortgage repayment. Imagine the savings!
Why Our Members Love Our Site
- Our registration process is quick and easy. We don't charge any weekly or monthly fees. Nor do we sell you memberships to 'exclusive home-sits'. Once you become a member, you'll have access to ALL home sit opportunities available. You can contact 'UNLIMITED' homeowners every month.
- If you're dependable, honest, and approachable, you're in the right place. You don't even need to be an Australian citizen or resident.
- We have a huge community of house owners and sitters. This makes it easy for you to find the PERFECT sitter or home. We add hundreds of new opportunities every month and we know you'll be successful in finding a good match.
- If you don't find the right sit to apply for, we'll even give you $30 cash back and 3 months' membership for free (on 12 and 18-month memberships only).
- We don't disclose your personal or contact details to prospective homeowners. Only you can share your contact details if you choose to do so.
- Our memberships offer you real value for money. You could suspend your account if you've decided not to house-sit for a few months. So, your account could last you for even 2 to 4 years, depending on how you use it.
- We don't charge you a fee to change your profile. You could simply login to your account and make changes to your profile as often as you like.
- We make it easy to enter into a formal agreement with the homeowner. All you need to do is download our House Sitting Agreement, speak directly to the owner regarding the terms and conditions, complete the agreement, and you're set.
With Happy House Sitters, house sitting is easy to organise. Don't just take our word for it. Read our testimonials to see what our members have to say. Contact us on 1300 780 809 if you have any queries or to register as a sitter or a house owner. Get ready to connect with our online community, and enjoy the journey.
House Sitting in Sydney
We currently have a lot of positions for house sitting Sydney. With its rich history, warm sunny beaches and wealth of culture and activities, Sydney is one of Australia's fastest growing cities for both house sitters and homeowners.
House Sitting in Melbourne
Often referred to as the 'most livable city in the world' we've recently had a surge of opportunities for house sitting Melbourne. With a food and arts scene that is second to none in Australia, Melbourne is a great place to start your house sitting journey.