(Updated 18/9/18) All Canberra, ACT locations considered >
I am a mature, female IT contractor working in Canberra since May 2015 and located in Canberra. I have a home in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs minded by my son and his girlfriend who love and adore our two rescue cats - a gorgeous ginger cat called Mr Boots and his partner in crime, (Princess) Cienna!
With employment in Canberra, I have found house-sitting to be a convenient way to relax, enjoy the company of a surrogate animal (cats preferred but will mind a dog!), look after a home while owners travel and provide a peaceful break from other temporary accommodation options. Another house-sitting website has references from completed housesits as well as an independent character reference (You are free to view via this link (https://www.trustedhousesitters.com/house-and-pet-sitters/australia/victoria/mont-albert-north/)
My employment in Federal government departments has required a baseline clearance which involved a police check however I have a long history of successful housesits and caring for dogs and cats since 2015. Many of my housesits now, are return requests or through referrals in my network.
All I need are simple instructions for your accommodation and contact points for managing any issues or if care is needed for any animals – you can be assured I will provide exemplary care and consideration to home and animals. Many of my housesit contacts are now friends and willingly contact me to return. On occasion, I have helped out by dropping in to feed animals for my housesit network if I am already committed to another housesit and cannot stay.
My personal qualities can be summarised as an independent nature, considerate, capable, very clean, tidy, a non-smoker, a virtually non-drinker (occasional glass of wine, only) who loves animals and will care and pamper your cats! I’m a cat owner – I know how spoilt they can and should be! I have looked after dogs as well and happily take them out for a walk. Some of my housesits have said their animals have actually missed me! That’s a pretty good referral.
All I need from you is a key handover (haven’t lost a key yet!) and written instructions outlining any special requirements such as bin night, watering, alarm systems, etc. I don't need to use your car - but happy to start it up or drive around the block so the battery doesn't go flat.
Other than that, you do not need to worry about anything while you travel secure in the knowledge that property and animals will be looked after.
Please feel free to contact me and chat. I would love to meet you and look after your animal/s and home! See if we can work something out.
Here's my suite of successful housesits:
- Return to Campbell – 21/8/18-20/9/18 (cat)
- Fadden (referral from Mawson couple) - 13/7/18-16/8/18 (no animals, house only)
- Return to Page – 18/8/18-20//18 – short stay (cat)
- Return to Melba – January 2018 (cat)
- Return to Torrens – 30/3/18-3/4/18 (Easter (three cats))
- Return to Mawson – 5/5/18-18/5/18 (cat)
- Campbell – return visit (cat)
- Mawson – 27/8/17to 1/10/2017 (cat)
- Torrens – 4/7/17-18/8/17 - three indoor/outdoor cats
- Waramanga – occasional help to feed two cats and medicate one with insulin – when the owner travels for conferences (several return visits
- Page – 28/5/17-25/6/17 (cat and dog)
- Mawson – 17/5/17-21/5/17 (cat)
- Melba – a long housesit - from January to mid-May 2017 (cat)
- Ainslie (October 2016-November 2016 – referred from previous Ainslie house sit
- Lyons (August 2016-mid October 2016) – (two cats)
- Ainslie (June 2016) (cat)
- Wanniassa (April 2016) (dog)
- Fadden Hills (October 2015) – (cat)
- Wanniassa (2015) (cat and two dogs)
- Campbell (2015) (cat)
- Deakin for an elderly couple with a dog and two indoor cats (referral from a friend)