Australia's Trusted Network of House Sitters & Pet Lovers
Find a house
Find a house sit
Live rent free
1000's of houses Australia wide
Receive real time or daily email alerts
Our house sitting guarantee
Message unlimited home owners
Find a sitter
Find a sitter
Sitters treat your pets like family
Save on pet boarding fees
Choose the most suitable person
Feel safe about your home and pets
Trusted by owners for over 16 years
Australia's trusted network of pet lovers
I had petty much given up on the house-sitting idea, and was planning to move back to my own home after living in a gorgeous rental apartment for over 12 months. Then I received an invitation to house-sit for an extended period (12-18 months) not far from where I am renting. I was thrilled. Looking forward to starting that house sit (my first) in 2 weeks time. Being on your website gave ‘fate’ the opportunity to work its magic!!!
It’s now time for me to renew my registration for the third year. I originally joined Happy House Sitters when suggested by a friend after my divorce as a short term accommodation provider. However, I have found the experience so rewarding that I now consider myself a fulltime permanent house sitter. Travelling from house to house you get to meet interesting and different people and their pets. The site works perfectly and I find most of my clients retain my services for additional housesits. The flexibility of the site also allows me to travel up and down the east coast of Australia which fits in well with my contract type work. Whenever the website has required intervention your service has always been prompt and courteous. Thanks for your wonderful service and I look forward to our continued positive working relationship.
Home owner, Melbourne
Anne M. looked after our Melbourne home and Kitten for two weeks in Sep, 2016. Anne was reliable and we returned to our house to find everything in good order. Anne took care of our Kitten which came with a long list of instructions from very fussy owners ;-) we have no hesitation in recommending Anne or Happy House Sitters and hope to engage her again when we next travel.
Home owner, Melbourne
We recently used Happy Housesitters to get in touch with people to look after our Corgi X and house in St Kilda, Victoria. I think I had about 8 emails from all sorts of lovely sounding people within a couple of hours of uploading my house details. I was so impressed because it meant I could book my holiday flights straight away and I wasn't waiting around to hear back from prospective sitters...I just, wanted to thank you for setting this business up because it meant we could go away on holidays without stressing about our dog in kennels or having to pay for them for a couple of weeks while we are away.
In the media
House sitting guarantee
If after your 12 or 18 month membership you don't find any homes to apply for, we will send you $30.00 cash back!
PLUS we will also give you an extra three months on your membership, absolutely FREE.
Tell a friend
About House Sitting
House sits can be arranged for any duration of time from 2 weeks to 12 months. Above all, our aussie house sitters are trusted house sitters. On top of all the convenience, it gives both the homeowner and the house sitter plenty of opportunities to save money.
House sitters are in great demand in major Australian cities such as Melbourne, Sydney,Brisbane, Adelaide,Hobart, Perth or Canberra. Singles, couples, retirees and people from all walks of life look for sitters throughout the year.
To contact available house-sitting opportunities, you are required pay a small registration fee, but once you've set up your account, you can get in touch with UNLIMITED house owners who have placed ads for home sitters. You'll also have the chance to directly talk to homeowners about their expectations from you as a housesitter, terms, and conditions, before agreeing to look after their pets and properties.
As a homeowner, you'll have the peace of mind knowing that your home and pets are in safe hands when you're away. Whether you're going on vacation, temporarily relocating for a job, or travelling overseas to look after a loved one, you'll know that your property will be well cared for.
As a house minder, you'll receive the opportunity to travel cost effectively, sometimes even for extended periods of time. Depending on the duration of the house-sit, you could even find a job or pursue a course in your new location. You can expect to do all the jobs you would do in your own home, without having to pay high rent or a monthly mortgage repayment. Imagine the savings!
Why Our Members Love Our Site
- Our registration process is quick and easy. We don't charge any weekly or monthly fees. Nor do we sell you memberships to 'exclusive home-sits'. Once you become a member, you'll have access to ALL home sit opportunities available. You can contact 'UNLIMITED' homeowners every month.
- If you're dependable, honest, and approachable, you're in the right place. You don't even need to be an Australian citizen or resident.
- We have a huge community of house owners and sitters. This makes it easy for you to find the PERFECT sitter or home. We add hundreds of new opportunities every month and we know you'll be successful in finding a good match.
- If you don't find the right sit to apply for, we'll even give you $30 cash back and 3 months' membership for free (on 12 and 18-month memberships only).
- We don't disclose your personal or contact details to prospective homeowners. Only you can share your contact details if you choose to do so.
- Our memberships offer you real value for money. You could suspend your account if you've decided not to house-sit for a few months. So, your account could last you for even 2 to 4 years, depending on how you use it.
- We don't charge you a fee to change your profile. You could simply login to your account and make changes to your profile as often as you like.
- We make it easy to enter into a formal agreement with the homeowner. All you need to do is download our House Sitting Agreement, speak directly to the owner regarding the terms and conditions, complete the agreement, and you're set.
With Happy House Sitters, house sitting is easy to organise. Don't just take our word for it. Read our testimonials to see what our members have to say. Contact us on 1300 780 809 if you have any queries or to register as a sitter or a house owner. Get ready to connect with our online community, and enjoy the journey.
House Sitting in Sydney
We currently have a lot of positions for house sitting Sydney. With its rich history, warm sunny beaches and wealth of culture and activities, Sydney is one of Australia's fastest growing cities for both house sitters and homeowners.
House Sitting in Melbourne
Often referred to as the 'most livable city in the world' we've recently had a surge of opportunities for house sitting Melbourne. With a food and arts scene that is second to none in Australia, Melbourne is a great place to start your house sitting journey.