Australia's Trusted Network of House Sitters & Pet Lovers
Find a house
Find a house sit
Live rent free
1000's of houses Australia wide
Receive real time or daily email alerts
Our house sitting guarantee
Message unlimited home owners
Find a sitter
Find a sitter
Sitters treat your pets like family
Save on pet boarding fees
Choose the most suitable person
Feel safe about your home and pets
Trusted by owners for over 16 years
Australia's trusted network of pet lovers
I’ve been house-sitting pretty much non-stop for over 12 months now.. Having lived in a share- house for way too long I decided enough was enough and ventured into the world of house- sitting. It was the best decision I have made! Not only do I get my own space and privacy, I also get to have the company and joy that pets bring. And there have been several pets (and houses) that I have fallen in love with - it’s hard not to! I also have found that housesitting has given me great insight into what I want for my future in terms of houses, neighborhood, pets, living standards.. and even furniture!
I figure I have saved over $12,000 in the past year.
Nikki & Andrew
We have now used Happy Housesitters on two occasions this year and both experiences have been really excellent. We have two more assignments to come.
Jodie and Daniel
Home owner, Perth
We signed up for Happy House-sitters not having used a web-based service before, however we found the site very user-friendly and efficient. Our ad was responded to within an hour or so and the first person who replied, Robin, was so good we didn't bother interviewing anyone else. Robin has been the best house-sitter we have ever had. She has sat for us several times now, lovingly caring for our two dogs, leaving our home and garden in tip top shape. Thanks again for a great website and for introducing us to a capable and caring house-sitter whom we could not recommend highly enough.
Home owner, Melbourne
Thank you, I did find a good sitter and found your website extremely helpful. I had many responses and lots of people to choose from.
In the media
House sitting guarantee
If after your 12 or 18 month membership you don't find any homes to apply for, we will send you $30.00 cash back!
PLUS we will also give you an extra three months on your membership, absolutely FREE.
Tell a friend
About House Sitting
House sits can be arranged for any duration of time from 2 weeks to 12 months. Above all, our aussie house sitters are trusted house sitters. On top of all the convenience, it gives both the homeowner and the house sitter plenty of opportunities to save money.
House sitters are in great demand in major Australian cities such as Melbourne, Sydney,Brisbane, Adelaide,Hobart, Perth or Canberra. Singles, couples, retirees and people from all walks of life look for sitters throughout the year.
To contact available house-sitting opportunities, you are required pay a small registration fee, but once you've set up your account, you can get in touch with UNLIMITED house owners who have placed ads for home sitters. You'll also have the chance to directly talk to homeowners about their expectations from you as a housesitter, terms, and conditions, before agreeing to look after their pets and properties.
As a homeowner, you'll have the peace of mind knowing that your home and pets are in safe hands when you're away. Whether you're going on vacation, temporarily relocating for a job, or travelling overseas to look after a loved one, you'll know that your property will be well cared for.
As a house minder, you'll receive the opportunity to travel cost effectively, sometimes even for extended periods of time. Depending on the duration of the house-sit, you could even find a job or pursue a course in your new location. You can expect to do all the jobs you would do in your own home, without having to pay high rent or a monthly mortgage repayment. Imagine the savings!
Why Our Members Love Our Site
- Our registration process is quick and easy. We don't charge any weekly or monthly fees. Nor do we sell you memberships to 'exclusive home-sits'. Once you become a member, you'll have access to ALL home sit opportunities available. You can contact 'UNLIMITED' homeowners every month.
- If you're dependable, honest, and approachable, you're in the right place. You don't even need to be an Australian citizen or resident.
- We have a huge community of house owners and sitters. This makes it easy for you to find the PERFECT sitter or home. We add hundreds of new opportunities every month and we know you'll be successful in finding a good match.
- If you don't find the right sit to apply for, we'll even give you $30 cash back and 3 months' membership for free (on 12 and 18-month memberships only).
- We don't disclose your personal or contact details to prospective homeowners. Only you can share your contact details if you choose to do so.
- Our memberships offer you real value for money. You could suspend your account if you've decided not to house-sit for a few months. So, your account could last you for even 2 to 4 years, depending on how you use it.
- We don't charge you a fee to change your profile. You could simply login to your account and make changes to your profile as often as you like.
- We make it easy to enter into a formal agreement with the homeowner. All you need to do is download our House Sitting Agreement, speak directly to the owner regarding the terms and conditions, complete the agreement, and you're set.
With Happy House Sitters, house sitting is easy to organise. Don't just take our word for it. Read our testimonials to see what our members have to say. Contact us on 1300 780 809 if you have any queries or to register as a sitter or a house owner. Get ready to connect with our online community, and enjoy the journey.
House Sitting in Sydney
We currently have a lot of positions for house sitting Sydney. With its rich history, warm sunny beaches and wealth of culture and activities, Sydney is one of Australia's fastest growing cities for both house sitters and homeowners.
House Sitting in Melbourne
Often referred to as the 'most livable city in the world' we've recently had a surge of opportunities for house sitting Melbourne. With a food and arts scene that is second to none in Australia, Melbourne is a great place to start your house sitting journey.