References available, Non smoker, Experience with Domestic Animals
I registered to house sit (with my husband) in 2017 to primarily give us the opportunity to visit the Melbourne area. Our daughter, partner and grandaughter are currently living in East Brunswick. We try to get to Melbourne from Perth several times during the year.
My husband and I are responsible, committed people in our sixties, both retired from the UK IT industry, living in Australia since January 2015. We are active seniors, who regularly walk, I play tennis, my husband golf and I ring church bells in Perth. We are both non-smokers and are tidy around the house.
- In the UK we had two bearded collie dogs and two cats at various times over a period of 25 years.
- We consider ourselves to be responsible pet owners, with our pets being members of the family.
- Since arriving in Australia, we regularly dog sit our daughters dog while they are away.
- We have sat for friends in Sydney and had another friends dog at our house for 5 weeks.
- So far we are about to do our third through HappyHouseSitters in Middle Park caring for 4 dogs, a cat and 4 budgies.
- In addition earlier this year we sat for 4 Rex cats in Richmond, discovering what a delight Rex cats can be.
- In January 2016 for 5 weeks we returned back to UK to support good friends who were both incapacitated by health issues. During this period, we walked and fed 6 dogs twice each day, cleaned out their kennels, in addition to other domestic tasks.
- In 2017, we stayed at a friends house in Melbourne while she was in Europe, caring for their German Shepherd feeding him and walking him twice each day.
All these sits have been successful and some pictures of our furry friends are attached. If you are interested in us sitting for you, we are able to conduct interviews on Skype.