Looking for someone to house sit our 1 year old Samoyed Dog; Alfie whilst we are away in for ideally 1 - 2 weeks during September or October 2022. Date is flexible until we book flights. We are also considering getting a Ragdoll cat in the next few months so the sit may extend to include a cat also.
We understand that he is VERY cute, but he does require a lot of time and attention. Please do not enquire if you are not willing to put in the work to look after him properly.
We do require someone that can be at home for majority of the day, has a high level of energy and can keep up with our dogs physical demands. He is still a puppy, so you will need to understand that he is still learning and is not perfectly trained just yet. Someone that has looked after working breeds would be preferred, but is not necessary if you can keep up with his requirements.
As Alfie is still very young, he has ALOT of energy. He is very well behaved, crate trained and knows a lot of tricks (when there is food), but he is currently in his teenage stage pushing boundaries which includes occasionally chewing something in the house or trying to get attention. For this reason, we do require someone that can be home with him full time (or close to0). We have tried to do sitting with someone that works full time and it unfortunately did not work. We do not have a backyard that he can go to the bathroom (because he chooses to eat the bark and pebbles), so we have to take him outside to the street instead.
He eats twice a day (if he feels like it). He does have a sensitive stomach, so please only feed him what we supply.
Being a working dog and with a similar energy level of a Husky, he does work best when in a routine that follows similar to the below:
- Morning walk and play in the park for 45 minutes - 1 hour
- Breakfast 20- 30 minutes after exercise. Relaxes around the house
- Sleeps in his crate
- Small walk around the block at lunch time just to go to the bathroom, relaxes around the house
- Evening walk and play in the park for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Dinner 20-30 minutes after exercise. Relaxes around the house
- Last bathroom break before bed. Sleeps in crate with door closed.
If you do need to leave the house, that will be fine for a few hours as he can sleep for around 6 hours in his crate after a big walk and play session.
When at home, Alfie usually just sits on the balcony. He will require a quick brush every couple of days to ensure that his coat does not mat.
We live in a modern three bedroom, three story townhouse in Port Melbourne.
* Wifi included
* Netflix, stan and chromecast included
* You will have your own private room and bathroom on the bottom floor of our house that has views out to the courtyard.
* The house can get warm on hot days as it gets lots of natural light.
* We are roughly a 5 minute drive or 25-30 minute walk to the beach
* Lots of cafes and shops nearby in Bay Street or South Melbourne.
* Free street parking available on Woodruff and Boundary street
* 10 minute walk to the tram stop or you can catch the free tram from Collins Street (20 minute walk)
* Woolworths is a 3 minute drive or a 16 minute walk
* Coles is a 6 minute drive or walk or 20 minute walk
* South Melbourne Market is also nearby- 5 minute drive or 21 minute walk.
If this sounds like something that you may be interested in, please reach out and tell us a bit about yourself and your experience. If successful, we will them arrange a suitable time to meet.
Just keeping the house clean and looking after the pets please
WiFi, Heating, Cooling, Netflix
Nearby: Restaurant / Cafes, Nightlife, Parks, Beach, Tram, Train, Local shops, Supermarket, Mall, Doctor