1 Apr 2024 - 31 May 2024
29 Feb 2024
more than 30 days ago
We seek a couple to look after our home, yard, and bouncy dog during the months of April and May 2024 while we travel overseas. The primary duties include looking after the house, light gardening, caring for the dog, feeding our collection of neighbourhood king parrots and crimson rosellas, and staying in contact with us on our journey. This house sit is a great opportunity to explore the Southern highlands at a lovely time of the year.
Our single level home is set on 1 acre in West Bowral not far from the Gibraltar Hotel and 1.5 kilometres from Bowral train station. It is a 20-minute walk to town. The property is gated, alarmed, and securely fenced. It contains ample covered parking with a garage and carport. There are two working studies, a master bedroom and ensuite, a guest bedroom, ample living areas, a laundry, and an outdoor entertaining area. Part of the garage is a fully equipped gym with strider, squat rack, and weights. The yard will require light care such as plant watering. Heavier yard work such as mowing should not be required.
The dog will be a very affectionate 14-month-old poodle crossed with bearded collie. He requires daily care in the form of twice daily feeding, a light groom, some games of fetch in the yard, and twice daily walks. He has a fortnightly sponge bath and toenail clip. Bowral dog park is a 7-minute walk and is one of his favourite pass times. There are ample dog walking routes in the neighbourhood, and, for the more adventurous, the Gibbergunyah trail head is just up the street. The backyard is fenced for him to run around in. We do not want him left alone for longer than 7 or 8 hours continuously and never overnight. He is an excellent car passenger and loves to go out and about.
Given the size of the property and the pet duties, our preference is for a mature couple, preferably one of whom will be working from home or staying at the house during the day. The term of the sit covers the late autumn in Bowral. April is particularly lovely, but May can be quite cold. A partial contribution towards the electrify and gas bills will be discussed. Other utilities such as water and internet (within our provider’s fair use policy) will be provided.
In considering whether to apply for this house sit, please keep in mind the following.
1. We want our house sitters to have current police checks.
2. Given the size of the property and the animal care required, we would prefer a couple rather than a single person.
3. We will favour people with connections to the area, or those who will not be commuting to and from Sydney on a regular basis.
4. This is a strictly no smoking or vaping property.
5. You need to like dogs and be willing to engage with them. He is a very people-oriented animal and needs interaction and stimulus.
6. House sitters are our guests, and even though we are not here and respect your privacy, we will not consider any involvement with illicit drugs of any sort on our property. If you wouldn’t do something with us standing there, then you shouldn’t do it with us away.
1. watering plants
2. caring for dog as described in ad
3. putting out and bringing in recycling and waste bins as needed
WiFi, Heating, Cooling, Washing machine, Dryer, Room for caravan, BBQ
Nearby: Golf, Gym / Yoga, Restaurant / Cafes, Cinema, Art / Theater, Parks, Fishing / Boating, Bus, Train, Local shops, Supermarket, Doctor